Well Joe and Nadya weren’t here this morning and so I finished making the PTMs with the MATLab program with Red, Green and Blue channel images. They told me to figure out the difference between ImageJ images and MATLab images, so I went and looked at the property’s of the first picture in each group, the original picture from the camera, the ImageJ picture and the MATLab picture. The only difference I could find was in the ImageJ file description, there was a subject and a title that the other pictures didn’t have.
The MATLab program on the other hand didn’t work out as planned. The program only saved 1/3 of the picture so it only showed on the PTM as 1/3 of the width. Glenn came up and spent time explaining this to us.
(Picture of Problem)
The problem with the program was that the picture that we imported was being divided into the 3 channels (red, green, blue) and then saved as that layer. The red picture was now just one red layer, making the PTM program show the picture as 1/3 its width, because its only 1 out of the 3 layers.
(Picture of solution)
The solution was before saving the documents the documents make the red picture 3 layers of the red layer. so make the same layer 3 times.
That was my day. I went home after that J